HIGH CONCENTRATION, WATER RESISTANT, HIGH STRENGTH ACRYLIC BONDING AGENT
W8 WONDER BOND is a specialized polymer coating designed to improve bonding strength of cementitious products to various substrates. It bonds strongly onto various substrates and creates an excellent surface to receive overlaying cementitious and polymer products.
- To improve cement bonding on various substrates
- Tiling, tile-over-tile, concrete repair, new-to-old cement bonding
- Cement bonding on wood, cement board, lime plaster, hollow blocks, bricks and glass
- Primer for paint and waterproofing coatings on various substrate
- Powdery surface treatment
POWDERY SURFACE TREATMENT
- Spray W8 generously onto the powdery surface.
- Allow W8 to be absorbed into the surface and dry for one day.
- The surface treated will dry and cure into a smooth and sound surface, suitable to receive subsequent applications, such as plastering, paintings, waterproofing, etc.
PRIMING (PAINT AND WATERPROOFING)
- Brush or roll W8 onto the entire surface to be treated.
- Allow W8 to dry for at least one hour.
- Apply painting or waterproofing layer.
TILE-BONDING OR CEMENTITOUS WORK
- Apply W8 by brush, roller or spray, uniformly over the entire surface to be bonded (for tiling, apply onto the back of tiles too). Allow one hour to dry.
- Place subsequent cementitious layer over the dried W8 layer.
- Cement or concrete overlay can be applied after an hour of drying time, or delayed for up to 3 days without adverse effect on the bond strength.
- Always protect the applied W8 film from dirt and debris until the cementitious overlay is in place.
- In the case of fast setting cement or grout being used, the overlay must be applied while the W8 film is still tacky.
- Trowel the cementitious topping with care, not to scratch or tear the W8 film.
DO NOT further dilute W8 Wonder Bond.
W8 is NOT a cement additive. DO NOT add into cement mortar or concrete mix.
Do not apply W8 over paints or materials that are soluble in water.
5 ~ 8 m² / kg
4 kg-pail / 20 kg-pail